Somehere in the distant past, after an indulgent holiday with the body and mind fully recharged, a dome drink beckons me near a the airport terminal.

Thoughts of ageing the wine in the midst of the lush and dark storeroom cellar of sun-drenched HDB storeroom and finally presenting it to my future wife - seems priceless for the future...

04 Sep 2011 - after the birth of Matthias, the vintage Dome of 10+ years was remembered and presented - it was drunk without the passion and majestic moments as i had imagined years back...

This set the impetus of the cells in the main conrol center racing.... its time to capture all my memories and experiences crafted up there in the form of a blog so that it can be part of the distant memories even though some things can never be much appreciated or so as one may think...

Saturday 21 April 2012

Chicken pox

Finally succumbed to the dreaded pox virus after 35 years. Deciding wihether to post pictures of myself showing off the dreaded trophy of clouded blisters covering over 70% of my body and i decide not to. Just in case someone out there puke at my pictures and i dont think i will ever want to relive such painful experiences through the pics.

First weeek was the worst that it can get. The virus show no mercy and the pox keeps appearing like there is no tomorrow. My face, body, limbs, whenever there is fresh meat, would be replaced by blisters. Basically, i was groggy and feverish throughout the days and confined to bed and cannot move at all except to eat and drink.

Visited the clinics countless time and finally decided to go to A&E after the blisters show no signs of stopping their rampage on my body. Was given anti-viral drugs to stop them and finally victory was won slowly and steadily.

My friend told me the doc should have given me the anti-viral drugs earlier as her experiences only yield some pox... well, thats history and i am finally on my way back to recovery.

Had to be isolated from my wife, sons and mum as the disease will spread and i am confined in Aunt Debbie house. Well,  with lots of free time on hand, the garderner in me revived.

Papaya tree cultivation - my new found hobby during my period of confinement. Seems like no rocket science but actually there are male and female trees. Only female trees bear fruits - wah, so complicated meh. THen how to choose a female trees? Stay tune for further post.

Well, 2 weeks without coffee seems like eternity. Now, i am enjoying a nice cup of coffee while relaxing in a nice cafe. The language of coffee is not easy to comprehend especially if you are looking for a great cup.

THe coffee serve here takes some understanding as you need to take time to enjoy it. Swirl it slowly around the mouth and the earthy strutures will be released. Nice aromatics lingers later and if you stand it for some time later, the blending of the air yields chocolaty and nutty bursting flavour - the beam here is indeed complex and it takes some understanding to fully appreciate the taste - like great wine does to great coffee.







There are easier to drink to coffee but with time on hand, do try it. Taste review - 7.5/10.

1 comment:

  1. my dear Larry, I fully understand the 14 days you had suffered. The taste of coffee is always nice! will make a nice one for you after I have settled down my "re-vamp" kitchen!

    ReplyDelete